POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : can anyone suggest a better solution for my problem? : Re: can anyone suggest a better solution for my problem? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can anyone suggest a better solution for my problem?
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Jun 2000 18:54:12
Message: <39593007.12993FFB@online.no>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Oded wrote:
> > what i needed to do for that was to define a union of 12 intersections of 6
> > objects which was was quite dirty (mathematically speaking)
> And don't you mean union of 15 intersections of 6 objects ?

I forgot that there are many ways to combine (or permutate ?)
6 objects.

Here's another one:

3 & 4 & 5 & 6
2 & 4 & 5 & 6
2 & 3 & 5 & 6
2 & 3 & 4 & 6
2 & 3 & 4 & 5
1 & 4 & 5 & 6
1 & 3 & 5 & 6
1 & 3 & 4 & 6
1 & 3 & 4 & 5
1 & 2 & 5 & 6
1 & 2 & 4 & 6
1 & 2 & 4 & 5
1 & 2 & 3 & 6
1 & 2 & 3 & 5
1 & 2 & 3 & 4

How are your combinations for the intersections ?

Anyway I have a feeling that your problem (even
if I don't understand what it is :-) could easily be
solved by a macro with some loops that does
all the CSG.

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom